With platforms like Shopify, Wix, and Squarespace, they make it incredibly easy to build a website that looks great. There’s no denying that, but the question you need to ask yourself is, “Does my website perform?”
Your website should do two things:
- It should show up in Google search results for keywords that are relevant to your business
- It should turn those clicks into customers with a powerful sales funnel
If your website does not do those two things, then is there really a point in even having a website? I don’t believe so.
No matter how great your website looks, if it doesn’t show up in Google, your company won’t be viewed by potential prospects. Also, if your website shows up in Google, but does not have a powerful sales funnel, then you’re not turning clicks into customers and generating an ROI (return of investment- investment being the time you spent building the website).
Built with SEO foundations
While the look and feel of your website are absolutely crucial, the most important thing for any website is its SEO. SEO (search engine optimisation) is the process in which you optimise your website to show up in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). Think about when you search for something in Google, you will typically click on the very first thing that Google shows you past the ads section. The same goes for all of your potential prospects.
SEO is not sexy by any means. It’s a pretty long, boring and gruelling process (especially for the person doing it), but in our business, it has proven to generate the best ROI for almost all of our clients. Which is why it’s so very important. SEO goes hand in hand with your website design and development. In fact, the best way to rank for your keyword or phrase is to build your entire website around it. The initial optimisation is very important to the success of your website!
Search Engine Optimisation gives you three things:
- More exposure to quality prospects – when prospects search for something in Google they are looking for a service to fill their need. This is the warmest lead your business can get.
- More credibility – you’re more likely to trust a business ranked #1 on a Google search result page
- A steady flow of new leads every single month – new people are searching for that keyword or phrase every month. Being the first company they see will generate new leads for you every single month.
Domain & Keyword research also play a large role in your search engine optimisation. Your domain should have research behind it. Ultimately, you would like to use an expired domain that has a great history with Google. New domains take more time to rank in Google, while expired domains, typically, have a history with Google which means there is already trust established between the domain and Google’s Search Engine. It is essential to do the research about the domain before you use it for your business. A bad domain could mean your site will never be indexed in Google, and a good domain could mean your business ranking for your keyword or phrase in record time! Domain and Keyword research is absolutely crucial to the success of your website in SERPs.
The Different Types of SEO to Consider when Building Your Website
There are four different types of SEO:
- On-site SEO – this is the SEO that takes place on your website. Optimising image ALT Tags, H1 tags, H2 tags, Title Tags, and keyword optimisation.
- Technical SEO – this form of SEO takes place in the code of your website. This ensures your website loads fast and is easy for Google bots to crawl. No broken links and is mobile friendly.
- Off-site SEO – arguably the hardest portion of SEO but the most important. Off-site SEO entails link building, content building, and working anchor tags into other high-quality websites.
- Local SEO – the best for Local Businesses. This is optimising your Local Google My Business listing to show up in the top three for search results. This listing is the three listings that show up under the map of a Google search. Think if you search “Restaurants Akron Oh” the three listings that pop up first that allow you to call or get directions.
Why Should You Hire a Marketing Agency?
You should hire a marketing agency to build your website because they understand the entire scope of your entire business. The agency should understand how the website works with your social media strategy which will help with your SEO, and how all of that plays into your sales funnel and sales process. The understanding of all of that is crucial to the success of your website and future of your marketing campaigns.
Our websites are built with the knowledge that you will bring prospects from places other than Google. Our processes allow us to understand how everything in your business works to ensure we deliver you the very best results possible! You should find that in the agency you are looking to hire as well.